In his inaugural speech as President of the Council of the European Union in January, President Macron called for the right to abortion to be enshrined in the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union. Abortion, in the words of European figure Simone Veil, “is always a tragedy and will always remain a tragedy.” Indeed, abortion is a tragedy and in no way a human right. In fact, the promotion of abortion is the result of militant and ideological work that in no way represents a real expectation of civil society. Pressure groups financed by large non-European foundations develop a discourse that is constructed from scratch and that instrumentalizes the institutions (ECHR/UN). Meanwhile, Europe is facing a critical demographic challenge. Rather than promoting abortion, States should encourage maternity and support women and families. In this conference, we will expose the merits of an abortion prevention policy.
Wednesday, 16 February 2022, 12:00-13:00
Room Weiss, EP, Strasbourg
- 12:00-12h10: MEP Mrs. Pisa Carrión: Welcome and general introduction
- 12:10-12h15: Moderator: Aliette Espieux. Spokesperson for the March for Life in France
- 12:15-12:23: Maria Solano (One of Us). Dean of Humanities and Communication Sciences Faculty. San Pablo CEU University (Spain).
- 12:23-12:31: Rebecca Oas (C-Fam)
- 12:31-12:38: Louis-Marie Bonneau (Research fellow at the ECLJ).
- 12:38-12:46: Grégor Puppinck (Director of the ECLJ).
- 12:46-12:50: Q&A
- 12:50-12:54: Moderator: Aliette Espieux conclusion on the commitment of youth pro-life
- 12:54-13h00: MP Ms. Pisa Carrión: General conclusion